Turn off IM in a Lync Meeting (Enable IM Mute)
To disable IM when scheduling, you must have Outlook.
Disabling IM when scheduling a Lync Meeting
- On your Outlook ribbon, click New Lync Meeting.
- Click Meeting Options on the ribbon.
- Under Do you want to limit participation?, click Disable IM.
- Click OK and set up the rest of your meeting as you normally would.
Disabling IM during a Lync MeetingAny of the presenters can turn IM off or on during the meeting, if it hasn’t been disabled at the time of scheduling.
- In the meeting window, point to the people icon.
- Click the ACTIONS tab
- Click No Meeting IM.